Last year, 27.10.07 I wrote this, imagining how she felt because everytime I heard thunder and I wasn't home I'd worry about her; worried that she might get hurt from her neurotic response to the noise. This is it, unedited, just a dog owner equally neurotic about her dog's distress:
A Dog's RantNot again!
The cataclysmic cosmic upheaval
wet soggy days
cloying cold air
and the fiery light in the sky!
If this is a dog's life
I'd rather be an amoeba.
The entire family became as anxious as she did and we built kennel upon kennel to secure her safety. We even got medication to sedate her during extreme weather. The same devotion she gave us as man's best friend we tried to return it. Now we can do no more, and all I can do is remember and write.
his pain is not seeing you
mine is knowing why

you knew what 'puppee!!!' meant
your black tail thump-answered loud
you knew i loved you

rain falls thunder rolls
a knell for a sweet soul tolls
goodbye beautiful black romp

Mavis, ma chien, ma chere...
No comments:
Post a Comment