How do you get over the fear of taking the next step? How you get over the anxiety of preparing yourself to be opened up to scrutiny?
There is never a point of being ready for that stage (this and all subsequent cheesy puns/cliches intended). There is never going to be a time when you are completely at peace with your piece and ready to place your self on the temple stand for the entire congregation to stone.
I suspect that’s part of my reason for coming to blogosphere; trying to get ready for an audience and allowing some thick skin to develop. And even then I am defeating the effort because I have delayed in sharing this space with anyone.
I am building up to a resolve; every time I make a blog entry I am obligated to do some writing or editing regardless of how exhausted I feel. I have a naked baby lying out there in the folders, and it is in dire need of dressing up.
I’m getting to the point of feeling shame. I’ve set this up with my irrepressible excitement over the last few months. I’ve neglected being sociable on account of this all-consuming force. And I have not returned patience and courtesy with a product.
Fear! What hast thou done to me?! Thou hast crippled me and tossed my crutches into the depths of the ocean. Thou has made a lily-livered jelly-fish of me! Thou hast reduced the complexity of the cerebrum to an amoebic entity. Thou hast…oh peas and cheese! Thou hast given the giants of literature, good reason to cringe at the pomposity of this grotesque verbosity.
Fear, I set you aflame and sprinkle your ashes on the La Sorciere hill. The soucoyants will pick at the ashes and spit them out to be scattered on the seas. The hurricanes will sweep them over the Atlantic sea-scape and your name will be a figure only in memory.
I am constantly thinking about Mavis… my chest tightens in spite of the rational expectation of her demise; a demise which was the result of a natural fear. Survival demands that we transcend some fear, even natural apprehensions.
If we don’t keep writing then who will?
Well, well Mavis, you certainly have me writing, because I’m really trying to ignore the silence in the yard. Just a month and a half ago I took some photos of her with the intention of capturing her energy to share here. Thank you ol’ girl for posing so well.
There is never a point of being ready for that stage (this and all subsequent cheesy puns/cliches intended). There is never going to be a time when you are completely at peace with your piece and ready to place your self on the temple stand for the entire congregation to stone.
I suspect that’s part of my reason for coming to blogosphere; trying to get ready for an audience and allowing some thick skin to develop. And even then I am defeating the effort because I have delayed in sharing this space with anyone.
I am building up to a resolve; every time I make a blog entry I am obligated to do some writing or editing regardless of how exhausted I feel. I have a naked baby lying out there in the folders, and it is in dire need of dressing up.
I’m getting to the point of feeling shame. I’ve set this up with my irrepressible excitement over the last few months. I’ve neglected being sociable on account of this all-consuming force. And I have not returned patience and courtesy with a product.
Fear! What hast thou done to me?! Thou hast crippled me and tossed my crutches into the depths of the ocean. Thou has made a lily-livered jelly-fish of me! Thou hast reduced the complexity of the cerebrum to an amoebic entity. Thou hast…oh peas and cheese! Thou hast given the giants of literature, good reason to cringe at the pomposity of this grotesque verbosity.
Fear, I set you aflame and sprinkle your ashes on the La Sorciere hill. The soucoyants will pick at the ashes and spit them out to be scattered on the seas. The hurricanes will sweep them over the Atlantic sea-scape and your name will be a figure only in memory.
I am constantly thinking about Mavis… my chest tightens in spite of the rational expectation of her demise; a demise which was the result of a natural fear. Survival demands that we transcend some fear, even natural apprehensions.
If we don’t keep writing then who will?
Well, well Mavis, you certainly have me writing, because I’m really trying to ignore the silence in the yard. Just a month and a half ago I took some photos of her with the intention of capturing her energy to share here. Thank you ol’ girl for posing so well.

Namaste
No comments:
Post a Comment