01 March, 2009

Miles Davis and miscellaneous

Somehow, trying to be invisible in a small island just does not work.

My characters are harassing me with the desire to get out of my head and all sorts of other things about living here try to distract me. That is the challenge of writing now. Not the fear of wondering if I will be good enough to be read, or to sell. At the risk of sounding self-absorbed and oblivious to an audience's interests; frankly I just want to get the characters of of my head. It's a tad schizophrenic now. Full-fledged dialogues appear in my head at the oddest times and I find myself wanting to get away to put them down before I forget. I find myself getting irritated with the world at large because there's a world in my head that just won't disappear.

So my absence here has not meant lack of writing. Au contraire.

So where does Miles Davis come in all of this. I have no idea. I have been listening to Meshell Ndegeocello every morning for the last 2 weeks and as I settled down to catch up on job-work(the distractions), I wanted that bass/sax jazz sound without vocals and Miles it is...'The Complete Bitches Brew Sessions'

I really don't want to sound like that cliched beatnik bohemian sensibility, but the music really hits the spot...sans any incense and other smoky stimulants. Ok ok so I had my 'Black Fix' dose of caffeine already.

Hopefully I can get through job-work early enough to put in a few pages of those guys in my head, who seem to like Miles too.

No comments: